Are you ready to be a Mountaineer? We can't wait to learn more about you, your goals and how App State can help get you there.
You are considered a first-year student if you are a high school senior, in early college, or haven't attended college since graduating high school.
We want to learn about who you are, what you are passionate about and how App State can help make your ambitions a reality.
- Complete an application (apply using the Common Application)
- Provide your official high school transcript(s)
- Provide your official or unofficial college transcript(s) for any completed college coursework (college courses listed on your high school transcript will not be accepted)
- Submit $65 application fee (or approved fee waiver)
- Submit official or self-reported SAT (school code: 5010) or ACT (school code: 3062) scores (or apply test optional)
- Complete your FAFSA (application opens Oct. 1; school code: 00296)
Additional Action Items
The following items may be requested by the Office of Admissions once your application is submitted.
- Residency Confirmation
- Criminal Background Check
Other ways to become a Mountaineer
GEAR UP is a guaranteed admissions program for students currently attending a GEAR UP high school. To qualify, students must meet the admission requirements and application deadlines.
Aspire Appalachian is a seamless pathway for students enrolled at partner community colleges to complete their degree at App State.
Each year, App State awards more than $4 million to students based on need and academic achievement and enrolls hundreds of students into Selective Academic Programs. Scholarships are available to new, transfer and returning students and provide varying awards ranging from partial to full institutional costs.
- November 1: Submit an application for admission
- November 15: Submit an application for signature scholarships and selective academic programs in your MyMountaineer Portal
The scholarship application is now open to 2022 applicants!
Options for Submitting Materials
All applicants will have access to the MyMountaineer Portal once your application is submitted. This is where you will receive information regarding your application, including any missing application materials and your admission decision.
The Office of Admissions
Appalachian State University
PO Box 32004
Boone, NC 28608-2004