Welcome to App State! We’re so glad you’re planning to tour our beautiful campus and experience the charm of Boone.
- Face coverings are no longer required on campus except where required by federal and state guidelines. While traveling to and from campus and throughout the Town of Boone and Watauga County, carry a face covering with you, so you will have one readily available as needed. Learn more about App State's policies.
- Registration is required for all guided tours. A maximum of 2 guests is allowed per registered student. If you prefer a self-guided option, please visit our Self Guided Tour Page!
- The university continues working steadily to assess and adjust every aspect of the Appalachian Experience to keep health and safety at the forefront. While all units remain open, access to many campus buildings remains limited.
Tips for your visit
Make the most of your time on campus!
- Check the forecast and be sure to wear layers — the weather in Boone can change quickly!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Our campus is in the mountains, so keep the terrain in mind
- Connect to our free Wi-Fi: asu-visitor
- Grab a bite to eat at Roess Dining Hall (purchsaes can be made via credit/debit card only)
- Visit the Bookstore for your black & gold gear
- Explore Boone — a place where people say hello on the street and a vibrant downtown is just a block from campus.