Welcome to App State! We’re so glad you’re here to tour our beautiful campus and experience the charm of Boone.
Explore on your own time and at your own pace with our self-guided walking tour. This 1.5-mile route takes approximately 1 hour to complete and highlights some of our most notable places on campus. Please register for a self-guided walking tour before visiting.
Are you already on campus, but did not register ahead of time? That is completely okay, and we are happy to have you! Please complete this quick form to let us know you are here.
Connect with us today!
We are currently offering virtual information sessions with admissions and financial aid counselors.
- Admissions: Drop-in to the admissions live virtual lobby available Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm or schedule a virtual appointment.
- Financial Aid: Drop-in to the financial aid live virtual lobby available Monday-Friday, 2:00pm - 4:00pm or schedule a virtual appointment.
- We are not hosting in-person events at this time.
- The university continues working steadily to assess and adjust every aspect of the Appalachian Experience to keep health and safety at the forefront. While all units remain open, access to many campus buildings remains limited.
- Face coverings that cover the mouth and nose are encouraged in all campus buildings and when physical distancing cannot be guaranteed.
Tips for your visit
Make the most of your time on campus!
- Check the forecast and be sure to wear layers — the weather in Boone can change quickly!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Our campus is in the mountains, so keep the terrain in mind
- Park in the Rivers Street Parking Deck. Your parking will be validated before you leave campus.
- Download the self-guided walking tour PDF (1.2 MB)
- Connect to our free Wi-Fi: asu-visitor
- Grab a bite to eat at Roess Dining Hall (purchsaes can be made via credit/debit card only)
- Visit the Bookstore for your black & gold gear
- Explore Boone — a place where people say hello on the street and a vibrant downtown is just a block from campus.