Welcome to App State!
We’re so glad you’re here to tour our beautiful campus and experience the charm of Boone.
Explore on your own time and at your own pace with our self-guided walking tour. This 1.5-mile route takes approximately 1 hour to complete and highlights some of our most notable places on campus. (East Campus Self-guided Tour & West Campus Self-guided Tour)
If visiting during closed/after hours:
Visitors on campus after hours, during holidays, or other office closures are not required to register. Parking will be available around campus during this time. While on campus, there will be QR codes available for you to scan to complete this quick form to let us know you are here.
If visiting during open hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm):
We require that you register for your self-guided tour during our open hours. Visitors on campus during this time will need to stop by the John E. Thomas building to pick up a welcome packet and to validate their parking.
Connect with us today!
We are currently offering virtual information sessions with admissions and financial aid counselors.
- Admissions:Schedule a virtual appointment.
- Financial Aid: Drop-in to the financial aid live virtual lobby available Monday-Friday, 2:00pm - 4:00pm or schedule a virtual appointment.
We are also offering guided campus tour with a current App State Mountaineer! Learn more and register today.
- The university continues working steadily to assess and adjust every aspect of the Appalachian Experience to keep health and safety at the forefront. While all units remain open, access to many campus buildings remains limited.
- Face coverings are required in all indoor spaces on campus for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Tips for your visit
Make the most of your time on campus!
- Check the forecast and be sure to wear layers — the weather in Boone can change quickly!
- Wear comfortable shoes. Our campus is in the mountains, so keep the terrain in mind
- Park in the Rivers Street Parking Deck. Your parking will be validated before you leave campus.
- Download the self-guided walking tour PDF (1.2 MB)
- Connect to our free Wi-Fi: asu-visitor
- Grab a bite to eat at Roess Dining Hall (purchsaes can be made via credit/debit card only)
- Visit the Bookstore for your black & gold gear
- Explore Boone — a place where people say hello on the street and a vibrant downtown is just a block from campus.