- Why App?
- Contact Us
Admission decisions are based on meeting the minimum course requirements (MCR) for North Carolina and a combination of high school achievement and SAT or ACT score.
Average weighted GPA - 4.05
Average SAT score (reading and math combined without the writing) 1139
Average ACT score (composite) 26.1
How to Apply
Submit a complete application prior to the notification period deadline (see table below). A complete application includes the following items:
- A completed online application
- A non-refundable application fee of $55
- Official copy of high school transcripts that includes grades 9 - 12
- Official test scores (either SAT or ACT, including written portion)
- Official college transcripts submitted directly to Appalachian from each previously attended institution
(this is especially important for students from Early College and Middle College schools)
- Additional information requested, upon submission of your application, by the Office of Admissions
- Supplemental Application Materials - Personal Statement/Resume --- Please note that Appalachian does not require letters of recommendations, resume, essays or personal statements as part of our application for admission. However, Appalachian encourages applicants to submit a personal statement and/or resume through their MyApp Portal. There is no predetermined topic, so this is a chance for you to tell us more about yourself (beyond grades and test scores). You will have access to enter supplemental information in your MyApp Portal once you have submitted your application for admission.
Official high school and college transcripts should be mailed to:
The Office of Admissions
Appalachian State University
A.S.U. Box 32004
Boone, NC 28608-2004
When to Apply
|Notification Period||Admission Application Completion Date||Admission Decision Mailing Date||Advanced Non-Refundable Payment Postmarked On or Before|
|First Notification Period||Nov. 15, 2014||Jan. 25, 2015||May 1, 2015|
|Second Notification Period||Feb. 1, 2015||March 1, 2015||May 1, 2015|
|Third Notification Period||March 15, 2015||April 4, 2015||May 1, 2015|
Applications submitted after March 15 will be considered on a space-available basis. Decisions cannot be made on incomplete applications. Applicants will be notified of all admissions decisions via U.S. Mail. Application status cannot be released over the phone, by email or in person.
Track Your Application Status
Once you have applied, login to MyAPP to track your application status and see if you are missing any items.