- Why App?
- Contact Us
Freshman admission decisions are based on meeting the minimum course requirements (MCR) and minimum admission requirements (MAR) for North Carolina, a combination of high school achievement and SAT or ACT scores, and supplemental materials such as a personal statement and/or resume should you provide such with your application.
Average weighted GPA: 4.20 (middle 50%: 3.94-4.48)
Average SAT score (reading and math combined without the writing): 1179 (middle 50%: 1060-1230)
Average ACT score (composite): 26 (middle 50%: 23-28)
How to Apply
Submit a complete application prior to the notification period deadline (see table below). A complete application includes the following items:
- A completed online application
- A non-refundable application fee of $55. Appalachian accepts Official Application Fee Waivers from the College Board, ACT and National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC). For questions about fee waivers please contact your High School College Counselor.
- Official copy of high school transcripts that includes grades 9-12
- Official test scores (either SAT or ACT). The writing portions are neither required or recommended at Appalachian. If you are preparing for the SAT, don't forget about free test preparation at Khan Academy.
- Official college transcripts submitted directly to Appalachian from each previously attended institution
(this is especially important for students from Early College and Middle College schools)
- Additional information requested, upon submission of your application, by the Office of Admissions
Official application materials can be submitted electronically by the institution or counselor to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address below.
The Office of Admissions
Appalachian State University
A.S.U. Box 32004
Boone, NC 28608-2004
Supplemental Application Materials
Personal statement, résumé, letters of recommendation *Please note that Appalachian does not require letters of recommendations, résumé or personal statements as part of our application for admission. However, Appalachian encourages applicants to submit a personal statement and résumé through their MyApp portal. Letters of recommentation can be submitted by mail or to email@example.com. Supplemental application materials can improve the likelihood of admission to Appalachian. You will have access to enter supplemental information in your MyApp portal once you have submitted your application for admission.
When to Apply
|Notification Period||Admission Application Completion Date||Admission Decision Mailing Date||Advanced Non-Refundable Payment Postmarked On or Before|
|First Notification Period||November 15, 2015||January 25, 2016||May 1, 2016|
|Second Notification Period||February 1, 2016||March 1, 2016||May 1, 2016|
|Third Notification Period||March 15, 2016||April 4, 2016||May 1, 2016|
Applications submitted after March 15 will be considered on a space-available basis. Decisions cannot be made on incomplete applications. Applicants will be notified of all admissions decisions via U.S. Mail. Application status cannot be released over the phone, by email or in person.
Track Your Application Status
Once you have applied, login to MyAPP to track your application status and see if you are missing any items.