- Why App?
- Contact Us
There is no better way to learn about Appalachian and our Mountains of Opportunity than to visit us. Open House is a great way for high school students and prospective transfer students to meet faculty, tour campus, and learn more about financial aid, scholarships, admissions, and what student life at Appalachian is really like.
- Fall Open House is Saturday, September 26, 2015 - Register today!
- Already registered? You will receive your official ticket via email closer to the event. Your ticket will admit all guests in your party. They do not need individual tickets.
Agenda (View Program)
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. - Pre-Event Entertainment (Live student performing groups, selected videos)
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. - Opening Remarks/Family Assembly
- 9:30-12:00 p.m. - Information Fair (Academic Departments & Student Support)
- 10:00-1:30 p.m. - Campus Tours (Campus Map)
- 10:00-1:00 p.m. - Student Clubs & Organizations
- 10:00-12:00 p.m. Mini Sessions (Freshmen Admissions/Scholarships, Diversity at Appalachian, Education Abroad, Faculty Panel,Financial Aid, Honors College, First Year Seminar/General Education, Meet Your AdmissionsCounselor, Student Panel, Residential Learning Communities, Transfer Track for Transfer Students, Watauga Residential College)
- 10:00-1:00 p.m. - Interdepartmental Open Houses (Departments & Residence Halls Tours)
- 10:00 & 11:30a.m.-Special Session for Transfer Students Only
- Holmes Center (Handicap designated)
- Admissions Lot
- Rivers Street Parking Deck
- Rivers Street Bike Lanes
- Edwin Duncan Hall
- Raley Hall
Parking will be provided next to the Holmes Convocation Center in the adjacent Holmes Center and John E. Thomas Hall parking lots. Entrance for wheelchair or handicap will be the NW ground level. Student Ambassadors will help direct these guests to appropriate entrances as well. Seating will be provided for the wheelchairs on the arena floor for easy access.
- Google Map and Driving Directions
- Driving Directions to the Office of Admissions
- Transportation to and from Boone
- Campus Maps
Can't wait until the next open house to visit campus?
We offer campus tours Monday - Friday, during the academic year and throughout the summer. Schedule a campus visit today.
Need special accommodations?
Individuals requesting reasonable accommodations due to a disability for events should contact the Office of Disability Services at 828-262-3056. For interpreter requests, please review the university interpreter services policy.