- Why App?
- Contact Us
Apply for Scholarships and The Honors College
- Complete your application for admission on or before the Nov. 15 deadline. The earlier you submit your application for admission the more time you will have to complete the essays and recommendations required for the scholarship application.
- Watch your email and your MyApp account for an invitation to apply for scholarships. Only eligible students will be invited to apply for scholarships. If invited, complete your scholarship application by Dec. 1. Details about how to apply will be included in your invitation.
- Watch your email and your MyApp account for an invitation to attend Scholars Day. Select scholarship applicants will be invited to visit campus and interview for potential scholarship awards during Scholars Day. This invitation-only event is held each spring and includes a campus tour and special information sessions for both prospective students and their parents.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- Nov. 15 - Deadline to submit a completed application for admission. Eligible students with complete applications by this date will be invited to apply for scholarships.
- Dec. 1 - Deadline for invited students to complete the scholarship application
- Mid-January - Invitations for Scholars Day mailed
- Mid-Feburary - Scholars Day event (including scholarship interviews)
- March 1 - Priority deadline to submit the FAFSA and be considered for need-based scholarships
- April 1 - Scholarship recipients announced
Tips for Applying
Here is some advice to help your scholarship application be as competitive as possible:
- Submit your application for admission well in advance of the Nov. 15 deadline so you will have time to meet the Dec. 1 deadline for the required essays and recommendations.
- Identify your recommenders and give them plenty of time to write a recommendation for you. Early communication with your recommenders will yield better letters. At least one of your letters should be from a teacher who can speak to your academic ability, intellectual curiosity and classroom engagement.
- Create an application timeline calendar and include the application dates. Monitor the Admissions homepage for news of any changes to the application or notification deadlines.
- Prepare a list of activities and recognitions. Include your leadership roles, involvement in outside activities and any participation with volunteer organizations. Have you started any clubs on your high school campus? Have you been recognized for your volunteer efforts? View a sample resume.
- Learn more about specific scholarship programs for which you may be a good fit.
- Allow yourself enough time to formulate quality essay responses.
- Monitor your scholarship application via MyApp to learn what's been received and ensure that your scholarship application is completed by Dec. 1.